Monday 4 June 2012

Hello and Welcome


Well, I've finally arrived in blogaverse. The pressure got way too much over this last weekend at the fantabadoozalistic Fat Quarterly Retreat. The lovely Laura gave me some instructions on how to manage a blog with an iPad. So here we go.

First up for this blog is to introduce you all to the fab bunch that is the Brit Bee. I have been overwhelmed by their friendship and support over this last year of cancer treatment. What could have been a pretty grim time was always lightened by their comments and innuendos, and to keep me toasty warm when my hair vanished they made me the most amazing quilt.
Each time I tell the story of how this quilt came to be, fills my eyes with tears, my throat with a lump and my heart so full of gratitude To be blessed by the generosity and friendship of what were strangers all flung together, to the friendships I share with these women. They are awesome indeed.

Wanna see my mega quilt, affectionately known as Project 51? Here it is, with the fabulous women who made it




It was such a buzz to finally meet up with them all. I had already met Ceri, Judith, Trudi, Hadley, and had met Sarah through Skype. So meeting Belfast Judith, Jennie, Laura, Fiona, Susan and Jo was the cherry on top of the cupcake.

I felt that if I were going to blog properly (ahem) I had to blame it on these ladies if ever I stuff up. Just so you know, I take no responsibility for what I write, they have to, because if it were not for them, I wouldn't be blogging away. Are we clear on that? So don't write cranky emails to me if my pictures aren't perfect, or my grammar isn't correct, or I don't post very often. All the blame must be put firmly on their shoulders.

See you all again soon if this works!

Thanks for peeking

Terri x

29 comments:

  1. Yay to Laura Jane tipping you over the edge into blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm looking forward to reading your blog :)
    I love that picture of all of us with your quilt
    Keep blogging!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terri, this cant be you. It doesnt last a dozen pages before a comma.....
    Miss you already, its awffy quiet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No cranky comments from me, just keep going! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hurrah! Looking forward to seeing more of you in blogland :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha Ha to Sarah's comment! and I can't believe you're already blaming us for your content - cheeky! Seriously though, welcome to blog land...now remember you own the blog, not the other way round! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you enjoy being in blog land and I'm looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. welcome to blogland! it's really fun out here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely to meet you at the weekend - enjoy moving to blogland, its great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking forward to more of that wit and sarcasm I experienced at the weekend, couldn't have lasted a whole year without hearing from you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks like a great quilt, hope that it did keep you warm!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a beautiful quilt. I can't wait to see pictures of the quilts that you made, and to hear more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woohoo! Welcome back to blogland! I don't think you'll ever be stuck for something to say!! And bit by bit you'll get the hang of it (you've got at least 11 other friends to ask if you get stuck!). Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my God yours are going to be the longest blog posts I will get to read ever, (maybe using the iPad will mean you will have to stop talking when the battery runs out!).
    So glad you are here, in every sense of the word xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Terri! Heard lots about you and P51 (am friend of Belfast Judith). Look forward to your future posts and this sens of humour I've heard much about!

    ReplyDelete
  16. welcome to blogland - i'm about 2 years out from diagnosis and treatment myself - such a joy!! nice to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good work, I knew you would find it both possible and easy. I look forward to reading you blog as it was so nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Welcome to Blog Land!! I an a UK expat now living in France so love meeting UK bloggers. I follow Susan (Canadian Abroad) and now follow you!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic that you have dipped your toes into blogging. Welcome. I did enjoy your company on Saturday evening over dinner. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Susan from Canadian Abroad sent me to look at your blog. I have to say I love your background photo, very nice! I am very jealous of you all in the Brit Bee, I have watched several of your fellow members on their blogs and wished I could be part of it all. But, unfortunately my health holds me back from really joining in with any Bee, so I take part vicariously.

    Everyone seems so lovely and supportive and it is wonderful that you had them rooting for you during a really difficult time. Crafting is the about the only thing that keeps me going, crafting and the people who craft keep me sane.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey terri I've recently started blogging too.. Getting the hang if it I think!! I go to Judith's class in Belfast and I love it!! Looks like u all had a great time in London! Ur project 51 quilt looks very special! I understand u have been unwell and I hope u are recovering well. Come on over to my humble blog any time!! X

    ReplyDelete
  22. Seeing the 51 quilt was amazing, you could feel the love in it all through the hall! If you can blog from an ipad you are also doing very well- it took me a while to i=even start with that! Lovely to meet you in the Sunday morning class x

    ReplyDelete
  23. She's a such a clever lady that LJ! Gonna love hearing your cheery cheeky voice hear! Soooooooo missing you all :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi! some of your fellow brit bee'ers sent me along to say hi. You'll have so much fun blogging soon you'll wonder why you didn't do it before!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Welcome welcome lovely lady! Here's the tutorial I promised! http://www.needlespinsandbakingtins.com/2012/06/fq-retreat.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello there - so glad that they applied enough pressure to force you into blogging ;0)
    I am so sad that I didnt get to meet you on the train and at the Retreat this weekend.
    Hopefully we'll get another chance to meet soon.
    Kind regards
    Liz
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi there - I'm visiting from the purse swap - glad you've jumped on the blog board - can't wait to see your show and tells :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I do look at them and will do my very best to get back to you.